Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Road Trip to a Wedding!

I am about to take off on a trip and I am looking for input. Going to a part of the country I am not too familiar with and would like to know if there are any restaraunts, rode side atractions, scenic gotta have a picture kinda places that I should make sure and squeeze in, or stay away from. My good friends Seth Nordmeyer and Kristene Roberts are gonna be tying the knot in Asheville, NC on the October 23rd. I will be leaving Houston on the 16th to meet Kristene in Fredricksburg where she will have a moving truck with her whole life packed in it waiting to make the second leg of this adventure. I am going to squeeze my motorcycle into the moving truck and help her drive or navigate whilst drinking massive amounts of unsweetened espresso and possibly some truck stop over the counter (legal) speed. I am not sure if Kristene is up to that kind of intensity. We should have 20 hours to figure that out if we follow this route. View Directions to Asheville, NC in a larger map We will be focused on getting there ASAP as she is really excited to get to Seth. If you know him, than you understand. The man has MOJO! I am pretty stoked myself. Seeing as I am kinda the chapter president of my local "Women are EVIL" club, I don't make it to many weddings unless there is an open bar or the bride has a bunch of "WINE LOVING"girlfriends, BUT,....This is an exception this is one of those rare moments when it feels right. Plenty of wisdom, no caution! I give this one my blessing and the word is still out on the virtue of the brides girlfriends!!! It should be a good time to share with old friends and I have already promised that I would not drink more than "ahem" six drinks, so there shouldn't be a huge hang over and stories that start out "Do you remember.." and "I can't believe you.." or "after we got you out of jail..". The journey back to Texas is where it will all go a little grey and a visit to the authourities will become a likely possibility. A fellow rider (Grady) will be meeting me in Asheville on Thursday. We will be making our way back to the Lonestart via which ever way the wind takes us, all the while trying to cram in as much tourism and local economy stimulation (tipping the dancers) as our limited resources will allow. I have been working on a mental list. My ability to pay attention has made this a short list. 1. Deals Gap - As far as motorcycling in America goes it is pretty much as good as it gets. 11 miles with 318 turns! I just got a chill while typing that! 2. Smokey Mountain National Park - It's on the way to Deals Gap and should be scenic drive nirvana. 3. The Parthenon - Nashville - Built in 1925 as and exact copy and monument to what is considered the pinnacle of classical architecture and is in downtown Nashville. Sausage and biscuits and then a stroll threw the Parthenon 4. Graceland - .Memphis - Cause no born and bred southern soul doesn't wanna at least drive thru the parking lot of Graceland. I have heard the tour isn't worth it but I just wanna look thru the fence at it. He was the KING of rock and roll by God. 5. Sun Studios -Memphis - While your in Memphis you might as well.. 6. Three Way Tennesee - It's not far from highway 69. I am sorry but I will go there just for the picture! and I am grasping at straws from that point on. What do I need to see between here and there???? We are willing and probably will go out of our way to see just about anything so don't hold back.

1 comment:

  1. There's a distinct lack of input being made here. What the hell?

    ReplyDelete